At Dollar General we are pleased to accept Manufacturers Coupons and Dollar General Store Coupons at any of our locations.
Where to find coupons?
Coupons valid at Dollar General come from a variety of sources, including, but not limited to:
- Print-at-home (internet)
- DG Digital Coupons OR Paperless Digital Coupons?
- DG Mobile alert text messages
- Dollar General mobile website
- Dollar General smart phone application
- Direct mail
- Product packaging
- In-store coupon boxes
Customers should remove any available on-package coupons and present them at checkout.
Dollar General does allow the stacking of a single Manufacturer Coupon and a single Dollar General Coupon per single item in a transaction. Stacking of 2 or more Manufacturer Coupons per item is not allowed.
The stacking of 2 or more Dollar General Coupons in a transaction is allowed unless otherwise noted on the coupon or associated promotional art.
Dollar General does not double or multiply the value of coupons.
If a coupon value is more than the price of the item, the remaining value will be applied to the balance of the transaction. Coupon overage can only be applied to the balance and will not be given back at the end of the transaction. Coupon overages will only be applied to the store merchandise remaining in the transaction and cannot be applied to gift cards, pre-paid money cards or phone cards. Other restrictions may apply.
Cash back will not be given.
Paperless Digital Coupons
Paperless digital coupons are part of the DG Digital Coupon program. They are loaded directly onto a customer’s account and redeemed at checkout using a phone number. To set up an account visit DollarGeneral.com/Coupons
Unless labeled a DG Store Coupon in the Digital Coupon Gallery, DG Digital Coupons are Manufacturer Coupons. Manufacturer DG Digital Coupons cannot be combined with any other type of Manufacturer coupon on the same item in a single transaction.
If there is a conflict between a DG Digital Coupon and a Print Coupon or a Mobile Coupon for the same item, the first one applied will be counted toward the transaction and the other will not, regardless of value.
Mobile Coupons/Text Message Coupons
Dollar General specific Mobile Coupons and Text Message Coupons are accepted in stores. These coupons are Dollar General Coupons and must have a valid Dollar General promotion code in addition to a visible and valid expiration date. Unless otherwise specified, these coupons can be combined with a single Manufacturer Coupon for the same item in a single transaction.
Mobile and Text Message coupons from sources other than Dollar General will not be accepted.
Dollar General WILL accept coupons that meet the requirement below:
- Must be original. Photocopies are not accepted.
- Must have a scan-able barcode or valid Dollar General promotion code
- Must have a visible and a valid expiration date
- Can be redeemed only for items sold at Dollar General, and can be redeemed only for the exact same item (package weight, size, etc.) unless otherwise specified
- Coupons for free items are only accepted if a purchase is required to get one free. Dollar General Coupon offer will always have a purchase requirement with free item offers
- A maximum of two coupons will be allowed per item. To do this, one coupon must be a Manufacturer Coupon and the second coupon must be a Dollar General Coupon. This is allowable as long as neither coupon states that it is not valid with other coupons
Dollar General will NOT accept coupons that are as follows:
- From other retailers
- Internet coupons without a scan-able barcode, a Dollar General promotion code or a visible and valid expiration date.
- For “free” items that do not contain a purchase requirement (i.e. buy one get one free is acceptable)
- Manufacturer coupons that do not have a “remit to:” address on the coupon
Dollar General does not match competitor Ad prices.